Friday, November 6, 2009

Is it worth it, lemme work it...or think about it

After buying Guitar Hero, blistering my pinky for weeks, and then never touching it again; I have some mixed feelings about buying the new DJ Hero game.

Although I can see myself rejoicing with a toy turntable in my room, I don't know if I can spend $130 on it.

The problem with all of these "Hero" games is how the novelty will always wear off. Sure they are astonishingly fun at first, but how many times can you really play "Sweet Child of Mine" on 5 coloured buttons and not get bored? And not to add insult to injury or anything, but Dj Hero only has three coloured buttons, just saying.

These are feelings that I had before watching a sample video of DJ Hero on youtube. I don't know if I've had a deep-rooted longstanding dream to become a DJ or something, but I feel an extreme compulsion to play this game. It's very possible that my attraction to this game thrives on my need to hear all these awesome mashups. Check this one out. Gorillaz and Marvin Gaye.



For most video games, renting is an option. Renting helps you come to a decision if you like the game enough to buy. Unfortunately for games such as these, you need special controllers or accessories such as a turntable or guitar remote, which are not easily available for rent.
So the question stands, is it worth $130? What if I get sick of it in a month, or from previous experience, what if they come out with a way cooler version soon and make me want to buy it?
The trials and tribulations of a video game dork...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment