Saturday, November 14, 2009

Twitter gave me some free PB+J


While in Social Media class on Wednesday I decided to check on my twitter. I was reading along my home page when one post popped out at me; it read "people of toronto, do u want some free tickets for tonite? they are for free. aight." -PeterBjornJohn.
For those of you who don't know, Peter Bjorn and John are an international band with the hit song Young Folks....or as some may call it "the whistle song."
This was automatically exciting because I had never witnessed an opportunity like that on twitter before, so I stayed tuned.
Their next post featured a quiz question about a photo they posted, to which I replied and guessed the correct answer! They direct messaged me back right away saying this "yes! you win! direct message us your name and we will put you + one on the list. cheers! j"
Pretty exciting stuff! So that night I was able to see Peter Bjorn and John perform at the Phoenix concert theatre for free! The show was really fun and featured an awesome opening band from Sweden.
Social media has so many benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment